Saturday, February 12, 2011

Egypt - a new member of the democratic club?



I get happy chills whenever I see a people rise for the sake of democracy. I felt the same when I saw the youth of America in 2008 and 2009 caring and daring to hope for the first time since the student revolutions in 1968. I couldn't believe for how long too many Americans sat idly when faced with so much injustice that would make any European take to the streets in anger!

NYT Egypt theme
P.S. Funny that the top hitter when searching on Egypt and Mubarak on Google is a Xinhua article. That can only mean tht China is loosening up its tight grip on the flow of free information, and that a huge amount of Chinese are following the democracy movement in Egypt with great interest: Egypt news article from Xinhua

No comments: